What is Sawing Machine?
A power sawing machine is used for cutting up bars of material or cutting out shapes in plates of raw material. The cutting tools of sawing machines may be thin metallic disks with teeth on their edges, thin metal blades or flexible bands with teeth on one edge, or thin grinding wheels.
The tools may use any of three actions in sawing: true cutting, grinding, or friction-created melting.
Power sawing machines are often used in metal cutting or the construction and woodworking industries.
In sawing, the individual teeth of the saw “track” through the work, each tooth depending on the cut made by the preceding tooth in the direction of feed. Either the saw or the work may be fed, and, by controlling the direction of feed, either straight or curved cut can be produced. The width of the cut is approximately equal to the width of the saw itself.
Type of Sawing Machines
The power sawing machine has the following types:
1) Table Saw
The table saw is a machine with a large circular saw blade and a high-speed running motor. The operation mode is that the operator pushes the wood object against the saw tooth circular blade, rotating at high speed at a fixed position to perform the cutting process.
The table saw can be replaced with different types of saw blades according to different needs. It can also adjust the lifting and angle of the saw blade. It is the most popular and easy to operate sawing machine.
2) Band Saw Machine
A bandsaw (also written band saw) is a power saw with a long, sharp blade consisting of a continuous band of toothed metal stretched between two or more wheels to cut material. They are used principally in woodworking, metalworking, and lumbering, but may cut a variety of materials.
There are mainly two types of band sawing machines, vertical and horizontal.
- Vertical Saw Machine: The saw frame of the vertical band sawing machine is set vertically, and the workpiece moves when cutting, which is used to cut the curve contour of sheet metal and formed parts. The saw band can also be replaced by a file chain or sand belt for file repair or grinding.
- Horizontal Saw Machine: The saw frame of the horizontal band sawing machine is arranged horizontally or obliquely and feeds along the vertical direction or the direction of swinging around a fulcrum. Generally, the saw band is twisted 40 ° to keep the saw teeth perpendicular to the workpiece.
3) Circular Saws
The circular saw is a versatile saw machine that is easy to carry; in other words, a portable table saw. The circular saw can select the appropriate circular saw blade according to the materials to be cut, and the working principle of a circular saw is just opposite to the table saw.
The operation of the circular saw is to move the machine. The piece is close to and to cut the stationary object.
Cold-sawing machines with toothed disk cutters are used extensively in steel-rolling mills and in places where large quantities of bars are cut. A V-shaped clamping vise enables bundles of bars to be clamped and cut at one time.
4) Hacksaw Machine
The saw bow equipped with a saw blade moves back and forth and feeds by swinging the saw frame around a fulcrum. The structure of the machine tool is simple, the volume is small, but the efficiency is low.
There are two kinds of motion tracks for the saw blade of the hacksaw machine:
- Straight line
- Arc line
In the arc movement, the saw bow swings at a small angle around a fulcrum, and each saw tooth has a large amount of cutting, which is easy to remove chips and has high efficiency.
5) Oscillating Sawing Machine
The blade of the oscillating saw can perform precise cutting work in a limited space. The oscillating saw can not only handle the cutting work but also grinding, removing grout or caulk, and scraping work.
6) Friction Disc Machine
Friction discs are circular blades having almost no teeth. They operate at high speeds and generate heat. The heat of friction softens the metal of the workpiece in contact with the disc, and the soft metal is rubbed away. Friction sawing is fast but leaves a heavier burr, and a less accurate surface than cutting tooth does.
Friction-sawing machines are used largely for cutting off steel structural shapes such as I beam, channels, and angles.
7) Abrasive disc
As the name implies, Abrasive discs are thin, flexible grinding wheels. Thin resinoid or rubber bonded wheels rotating at high speeds are generally used. The cutting action is fast and accurate, but this abrasive-disc cutting is not a true sawing technique.
8) Miter Saw
The miter saw is designed to adjust the angle of the cutting cut. In other words, when you need a specific and precise angle, you will need a miter saw for forming and trimming.
The two sides of the miter saw can be rotated 45 degrees, and the addition can be performed for 90 cutting. Hand-held miter saws are usually paired with a miter box.
Parts of Saw Machine
The saw machine has the following parts:
- Brushes: The chips generated during the cutting process of the workpiece are harmful to human health. Therefore, in order to avoid such impacts on human health, a metal-cutting bandsaw is generally equipped with brushes or brush wheels in order to prevent chips from getting caught between the blade teeth and causing damage.
- Digital CNC controller: The modern sawing machines are pre-equipped with digital CNC controllers in order to adapt to today’s manufacturing requirements and standards.
- Coolant liquid: In order to cool the saw blade, the band saw machine must be designed and equipped with a cutting fluid circuit containing coolant liquid. The coolant liquid can wash away the waste material chips while keeping the saw blade cool as well as properly lubricated.
- The sawing machines, which are controlled by PLC or CNC systems, can also be partly automated.
What is a CNC sawing machine?
CNC Fully Automatic Saw-Cutting Machine (Heavy Tube Cutting) Sawing: AC servo motor driven sawing system combining precision screw bar presents synchronized movement to ensure cutting accuracy and stability.
What is a circular saw machine?
A circular saw is a power-saw using a toothed or abrasive disc or blade to cut different materials using a rotary motion spinning around an arbor. A hole saw, and ring saw also use a rotary motion but are different from a circular saw. Circular saws may also be loosely used for the blade itself.
What is the action of a saw?
Orbital action describes the movement of the blade in the reciprocating saw. Most basic saws use a straight stroke which means that the blade just moves straight in and out of the saw. A straight stroke is good for certain types of cuts like scrolling in wood or for cutting hard materials like steel.
What are the parts of the Sawing machine?
The sawing machine has the following parts:
- Power switch
- Resaw Fence
- Top wheel cover
- Bottom wheel cover
- Guide post
- Body frame
- Pulley cover